Electronic Media Students and Alumni Win Awards and Screenings
Several electronic media majors and alumni have recently had visual works selected for screenings and awards.
- Beau Batterson's 30-second PSA "War of the Words" on cyberbullying and the abuse of the First Amendment, has been selected to screen at the Cedar Rapids Independent Film Festival April 13 & 14, at the Collins Road Theaters in Marion, Iowa.
- Electronic Media majors Dawn Sagert and Scott Mussell's documentary "Occupy" was selected to screen at the 2012 Cedar Rapids Independent Film Festival.
- Chris LeValley, a alumnus of communication studies/electronic media, won a GOLD ADDY in the 2012 AAF-Cedar Valley competition, honoring creative excellence in advertising, for his video "Green Lake Lutheran Ministries Camp." Chris is an editor/producer at ME & V Advertising, a Cedar Falls Advertising and Marketing company. The awards are given for creativity, originality, and creativity in advertising.
- Zach Everman received a GOLD ADDY for his commercial for 18th Street Vintage "Memory Lane." This spot is also one of the top 15 finalists that be sent to the District Competition in Kansas City. Everman also received a SILVER ADDY for his commercial for Dubuque Symphony Orchestra "Holiday Concert."
- Evan Hutcheson received a SILVER ADDY for his commercial for University Book and Supply "Lost in the Amazon." Both Everman and Hutcheson work for OnMedia with Dan Rouse, a 1986 graduate of the Communication Studies electronic media program.